Thursday, January 20, 2011

Planting the seed...

There are times in life when we feel we are sinking deep in the cauldron, when we feel there are no happy feelings around. There is nothing to hold on to, nothing to keep us from just drowning in the darkness. We look around for signs that we will be ok, that the pain will pass and that we will be back to feeling joy. Darkness is as much a part of the cycle as it is light. The only issue is darkness has a bad reputation and nobody wants to be seen as dark.

As the wheel of the year moves from the dark to the light, we also shift our vision and start bringing some clarity and illumination into our lives. We plant the seeds that we want to see manifested during the spring and summer, and we prepare. We confront those areas that no longer serve us and as the weeds that grow near the plants we are cultivating, we work on weeding out the unnecessary to leave space for our projects or visions to grow healthy and strong.

One of my favorite ways of planting the seeds is to create vision boards or treasure maps. These vision boards are boards that hold our vision as the name indicates. These boards contain pictures, words, symbols, among other items that symbolize all those things we want to manifest in our lives. As I start looking for pictures and phrases for my board, I can help but notice the pattern in the phrases such as:

"Yes, You Can"

"Get Inspired"

"The Perfect Time to Make a Resolution"

"Life is too short to take yourself seriously"

"For a Better Tomorrow Take Action Today"

"Bridging Cultures"

The pictures I have selected all show women who are happy, who irradiate light and who are shinning. Has my darkness taken me so low that I can not see my own light and I need to see it in pictures? What am I afraid of? Resolution, decision, action are all words that involve change and transformation.

Every morning, I take a card and read the meaning. Today's card said "Don't worry about making the wrong decision, instead, worry about not making a decision at all." This phrase really resonated with me since sometimes I feel I give my power away and I let outside events or other people to control my destiny. It is time for me to decide for myself. To choose to live the life I want to live. To take ownership of where I am and where I want to be. I know I can make it happen. I know I can manifest it. I just need to shift from the darkness to the light and see that everything is possible and that I have the power to manifest a bright future filled with love, happiness, joy, and purpose.

Blessings )0(

No comments:

Post a Comment