Thursday, January 17, 2013

Kick and Punch - I am alive!

I love Kung Fu!!!!!!!!!!! If you told me I would have fun in a Kung Fu class, I would tell you that you are crazy! Today, I decided to try a Kung Fu class and boy my maiden self was so happy. A few days ago, a dear friend of mine told me she was ready to get her warrior self out and that she was contemplating taking a self-defense class. Somehow, that comment rang a bell inside me and I started looking for self defense classes as I believe it is good to build self esteem, confidence, presence and strength. One thing took to the next and I found myself in a Kung Fu school yesterday. The principles of the school really resonated with me "Confidence, Honor, Attitude, Mental Discipline, Patience, Integrity, Optimistic, Never Give Up." It was like it was talking to me, to my core, to my soul. When the owner and Sifu told me to come try a class today, I was like "sure, I can give it a try." Well... I tried and me like it a lot!!!!!

It was funny to get in the school today during the very advanced class where every student had some sort of weapon and they knew how to use them. Yep, I wanted to feel safe and here I was in a class full of people with weapons, LOL. Inside me, my monkey mind started talking like... really, you can not do that, you will never get good at that, you will never be able to do that... and the list kept going because you know how your inner critic loves telling you all the things that can go wrong when you are facing something new and unknown. As my friend told me, I told that monkey to shut up because it is only allowed to talk to me from 8:30 am to 9:00 am and then need to shut up the rest of the day and remain silent. When the class started, I found myself a total virgin trying to follow what they were doing but somehow my confidence level is high enough to not be ashamed of not knowing and just trying my best. The Sifu´s wife helped me. She actually spent the whole class just working with me one on one. There was a moment when I was practicing a kick and she told me "kick me hard, like you mean it, you will not hurt me" so I kicked so hard I pushed her back strong. She looked at me and was like "wow, now I know how you are... I was not expecting that." It´s better if they don´t see you coming but I was proud to see I impressed her even when it was my first time and we were pretending I was being attacked. 

After the class, I felt so good. It was like my energy had shifted and I was happy and in harmony. There is something to be said about the energy that comes from kicking and punching in a safe environment after a hard week. All your anger is transformed into pure energy and you are just kicking and screaming and it feels so good after! It´s a powerful experience! I felt like I was back to full. My energy was up, I was pumped up and very energetic. I loved it and I can´t wait till next class. I think I came back so strong that even my husband told me he would give me his wallet but not to hit him LOL... I am a strong and powerful Queen and my etheric body was really radiating the strength of knowing that if you attack me, I will fight back.

Today, I kicked and punch and I feel so alive!!!!

Many blessings,
Lady Carolina
Presiding Priestess of Circulo de Isis
www.circulodeisis.org

Note: Tomizaki´s Champions Kung Fu
http://www.championskungfu.com/philosophy/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment