Monday, August 29, 2011

It's a work out!

Sometimes I meditate on different words that come up during the day or that appear in my life several times in a short period of time. Today, my word is work out. Yes - work out! I was practicing Chinese and the lady in the program said "now, it's time to do the work outs" and I couldn't help but think, how appropriate to call Chinese exercise work outs since sometimes it feels as complex and demanding as running a marathon. You have to pace yourself and practice every day, train and train, so you are able to say a few words or recognize a few characters. Once I finished studying, I went to the gym for my physical work out and I kept thinking - what is harder... running or studying Chinese? LOL, you may think I am crazy but for somebody like me who is usually filled with intellectual activities, working out is getting me out of my comfort zone. Yes! You guessed it!! If you see me at the gym, I am one of those that is running on the treadmill with a book open.

As I kept meditating about this word, I thought about the instances when we use this word to signify resolve. When we have a problem, we can work it out. When relationships are struggling, people need to work out their issues. How appropriate since solving issues takes energy, time, thought, and patience so the word is perfect.

It is said that it takes 21 days to change a habit or create a new habit. When I think about the word work out, I do think about habits and how we can create them or change them. Habits are little rituals we do everyday or regularly. If you want to change a habit, you just have to decide to change and create a new habit, then stick with it for a while until it becomes the new habit. Some habits take more than others but in the end, it only takes decision, focus and perseverance to change your life for the better and manifest what you want. Yes, it may feel like a work out, but in the end, you are the master or mistress of your own life. You can make your own destiny.

Blessings )0(

No comments:

Post a Comment