Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Having a Me Party!

The other day as I was watching the movie "The Muppets", there was a part when one of the main characters was signing a song "Having a Me party" as she was eating alone in a dinner. Then, when her partner came back, she quoted so many synonyms of the word by myself that it was funny. Yes! She was like I went there independently, I visited this place individually, and the list keeps going. As I watched this scene, I couldn't help but think how many times I have placed my happiness in others, my self-esteem, my value, my priorities. It's interesting to look back and see all those times when I put other people's needs first. Their reactions described my value to me. As Rev. Ava Park would say "My shadow maiden was having a party and she was craving for approval from others."

How many times have you waited for others to probe you that you are beautiful or worth for who you are? Do you recall when you look at your partner and expected him to show you how wonderful you are and in that gave away your power? I can recall several times and several relationships in my life when I was just waiting for others to show me that I was worth being loved, I was beautiful, I was intelligent and the list goes on.

How many times have you waited for your boss to tell you you are doing a wonderful job to find out he or she will not and that impacts your self-worth? I have been there many times, thinking if I do more, if I break my boundaries just to prove I am wonder woman, he or she will notice, she or he will validate me as an intelligent woman. It did not happen.

How many times have you seek approval from your parents? Have you studied a course of studies because you father wanted you to do so? Have you followed the standard designed by your family because you were afraid if you did not you would be punished or not loved? Luckily, I have been the one breaking the structures in my family since I met my husband online and married him, moved to the USA from Argentina and started from cero again, but there are many people who just study something because it is the family tradition, or they marry the person their parents will accept, or follow the path that will lead them to approval from the outside.

Why do we seek approval? Why do we need people to approve who we are? Everything starts at home and by home I mean YOU. You need to love yourself first, you need to accept yourself as you are, you need to be passionate for your career, your life, your vision. It is a Me Party. Nobody else can make you feel beautiful if you don't feel beautiful inside. Nobody can make you happy if happiness does not come from within. Nobody can love you if you don't love yourself.

Start today. Have a Me Party! Accept yourself as you are without ifs or buts, just as you are now. You are beautiful. You are intelligent. You are strong, You are healthy. You are powerful. You are loved. Nobody can take that away from you once you find it within. It is a Me Party!

Many blessings,

Lady Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment