Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Goddess Devotion is Gender Neutral

Tonight I sit in a space of contemplation as Circulo de Isis celebrates its 5 year anniversary. The past, the present, the vision of the future all blends together into the main mission of my community - a Path of Devotion and connection to the Goddess in her many forms and many names. As the Presiding Priestess of this community, it is my responsibility to look back and see what worked and what needs revisiting as well as see how our present moment is working. What needs does my community have that I am not meeting? Can I meet those needs? How can we keep growing and evolving as a group together? If I am not the one to meet those needs, can I partner with somebody that can bring that diversity and variety to my circle?

When I started 5 years ago, I had a vision of only training Priestesses as I felt I was suited to train women on this path because it was a path of self-discovery and empowerment, healing of old wounds that patriarchy had caused and connection to the Goddess so we can bring her back to this realm once again. Now that five years have passed from the original vision, I start thinking things over and I see that there are more paths to Goddess than the female path. Having participated in other communities, I got to witness that Priests can be as effective as Priestesses and they have a strong connection to Goddess, as strong as any woman that I know because what brings them together is Goddess, not gender.

When I started to vision a class for Priests, I couldn´t help but doubt whether I was capable to train men as we do not have similar experiences or wounds or archetypes. Then I realize that the paths may be different but they all led to the same principle - The Goddess. Why would I feel I am not suitable to train them? The Path of Devotion is a path that has no gender. We all develop a relationship with the Divinity that is unique to us. Some may connect with Goddess through ritual while others connect when they are hiking in nature and that does not make any connection less than the other.

There are rites of passage for all of us. There are archetypes for all of us. We are tasked to develop our unique relationship with Goddess the way we feel it suits us but one thing is certain, as the saying says "all roads lead to Rome" I can say all roads lead to Goddess. We may not know the way or the path to take but the destination is certain because we are all heading to the same place, a place of Devotion, a place of Goddess and this place is gender neutral.

Blessings,

Carolina Amor

Presiding Priestess of Circulo de Isis
www.circulodeisis.org
Member of the Archdruid Union
https://sites.google.com/site/fellowshipofisiscentral/fellowship-of-isis-foundation-union-triad---archdruid-union
Founder of Tienda Roja
https://www.facebook.com/groups/441201419296609/


No comments:

Post a Comment