Saturday, June 27, 2015

Peeling off the layers... time to shed

If you have to choose a word to describe the month of June, what would that word be? June... June... June... Thinking.... so many words!!! Learning, awakening, growing, expanding, light, crossroads, review, letting go, ending, beginnings... but if I had to pick one, I would say my word is Clarity. June marked the beginning of a self-discovery journey that started with hypnotherapy and counseling and followed with the beginning of my work with Sonia Choquette´s online classes and Colette Baron Reid´s class on Weight Release Energetics. The combination of all these items together created the perfect recipe for clarity and direction. Mercury Retrograde and Shadow period was also helpful to review and re-direct energies. As I look at my round table, I see several journals that mark the commitment to self-exploration and the promise of fearless shadow work that can lead to more light and clarity in my life. It´s time to free the energies tied in old regrets, old patterns, and old beliefs. The only way we can change our world is if we change ourselves. We are all one and it starts with each and everyone of us doing our own work, healing our own selves and accepting our own truths. When we change ourselves, we change our families, we change our communities, we change our cities, we change our states, we change our countries, we change our world.

Doing self-work is like peeling the layers of an onion because we look at one layer and once we are done with that one, we can look at another layer.. and so on and so forth. My June exploration focussed on forgiveness work and connecting with my guides more strongly. Forgiveness is not only about forgiving others but it is also about forgiving ourselves. We carry a lot of baggage that is connected with shame, regret, sadness, or emotions that got stuck within ourselves. As Sonia says, forgiveness is a process and you can not think your way through forgiveness, you need to move the energy. In order to move the energy, you need to look at those things that have created those emotions and see why you are holding on to them. Is it because it is easier to deal with the uncomfortable known that face the unknown? Is pain comfortable? As I was working with the exercises I had a few A-ha moments but the most enlightening of all was to realize that I´ve been holding to my weight since I came to USA because it´s my layer of protection.  It´s the extra padding that protects me from the outside. I usually have my guard up and I take a defensive position. It´s like I live protecting myself even when protection is not needed. Many years ago, one therapist told me that instead of blocking energies, I should just allow the things to pass me by and not get attached. This defensive stand is also portrait in my auto-immune disease where my body does not know that my thyroid is not the enemy and attacks it. My own body attacks itself out of protection and fear. It´s time to change that paradigm and trust. Trust that my guides are there to protect me and they are always around. If I want to hear them, I need to be open and in order to be open, I need to let down my guard and protection. I think it´s time for me to come out of the fortress of my own life knowing that I am safe and I am protected. It is ok to shed the weight because I don´t need it to protect me. It has fulfill it´s purpose and now it´s time for me to find my inner peace and discover who I really am, what I love doing and forgive all those that have hurt me and also forgive myself. 

As I continue peeling off the layers and there is always something to shed... What layers are you peeling this year? What areas are you ready to shed?

Many blessings,

Carolina A. Amor

No comments:

Post a Comment