Thursday, July 21, 2011

Overflowing with Emotion

On Tuesday morning, I woke up and went to the bathroom as I usually do. When I pushed the button to flash the toilet, I could see the water raising. I was half asleep and half awake but it seemed that the water was not stopping. As the toilet started overflowing, I moved the flowers I have on top and try to stop the flow. When it did not stop, I decided to close the faucet that connects with the toilet so the water would not continue to flow. As I run up the stairs to get towels to stop the water that was about to reach the kitchen I told my husband in a very hysterical voice... "the toilet is overflowing!!!" I cleaned everything and put the towels in the washing machine to wash them. I got down, made some coffee and started to relax. As I drink a few sips I started hearing the pipes going... it did sound like the washing machine but closer, much closer. I looked up and I see the kitchen sink overflowing with foam... yep the washing machine was draining in the kitchen sink... If you know my house, the washing machine is in the top floor. Once again, running up the stairs and turning off the washing machine... screaming to my husband who was on vacation and still sleeping "honey, the kitchen is overflowing!!!" I got to work super stressed out and I definitely did not need caffeine after the adrenaline pump from having a toilet overflowing when I was half asleep.

By mid-morning, my husband called me to let me know that the problem was not isolated to our apartment only but the whole building had no water and that the roots of the trees were clogging the pipes so the water was overflowing and they had to cut it. When I heard this explanation, the light bulb went on and I thought... yes, this is it. When we let emotions build up and grow within, there will be a time when something triggers the flow and then we are not able to stop it. The roots grow too big, too deep and then the only way to release is to just overflow. Have you ever got to the point when you say this is enough?

My emotions have been very volatile lately and a character that I have come to call the psycho bitch usually comes out. She is angry, she gets upset quickly, she goes from 0 to 100 in a matter of seconds. She is the one that has 0 patience and really gets irritated with small things and big things and even medium things. When I saw the toilet and sink overflowing, I couldn't help but feel identified with the situation since at times I feel I've been dormant for a while and now all those emotions that were below the surface are coming up and playing havoc with me. When we overflow with emotion, it is time to look within, find those roots and clean them up so the flow can be restored and no more crap comes up. Sometimes the physical is just a manifestation of what's brewing within. The hermetic axiom says "as above so below, as within so without." It's up to us to discover the lessons that are taking place outside but they are just a mirror of what is going on inside.

Blessings )0(

No comments:

Post a Comment