Monday, February 18, 2013

Mutual and Reciprocal

During the past three months, I´ve been participating in Ava Park´s Queen Online Teachings class. This class is amazing and it has provided me with lots of meaningful information that I am trying to put into action. A few weeks ago, we were working on the Queen and Relationships and Ava started the chapter by saying that "Relationship means the "state of being mutually and reciprocally interested."" This phrase resonated with me  very strongly and made me think of all those times when I´ve been in a relationship where I do most of the work... I am the one texting, I am the one initiating, I am the one inviting the person out, I am the one reaching out to the other. In doing so, I give and give without receiving much what leads to the imminent death of the relationship.

When I read Ava´s phrase, I was like WOW. This is exactly how I feel and I have failed to realize that the relationship was not mutual and reciprocal. When only one person is interested in keeping the relationship going, this relationship has the days counted. The days till the end are determined by the tenacity and perseverance of the person who is driving the relationship. A relationship is like a plant, you have to water it or it will die and the two people involved are responsible for watering this plant of life. 

Looking back, I can see I have been involved in many relationships that were one sided. I can also see that I am a very tenacious woman and I will not give up easily but there are times when you have to give up and those times are when there is no hope to go on. There is no life left in the relationship and it´s time to just let go and move on.

There are times when relationships suffer because one of the parties is going through a rough patch and the other party has to give more than usual. This situation is only sustainable in the short term and has serious impact on the relationship if it lasts for a long period of time.

Sometimes we think relationships are forever but then realized that the lessons together have been learnt and there is nothing else to share. 

In the end, the question becomes are your relationships mutual and reciprocal? If not, is it time to let go?

Many blessings,
Lady Carolina
Presiding Priestess of Circulo de Isis
www.circulodeisis.org

Note: I highly recommend to attend a convocation  or participate in the online Queen teachings with Ava. These teachings are priceless and life changing.
http://goddesstempleoforangecounty.com/About_Rev_Ava.html

No comments:

Post a Comment