Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Rest, Reflect, and Remember

There are times in life when everything seems to go wrong and no matter what part in your life you look at, everything seem off. The Universe has its ways of showing us the way to transformation. The other day,  the new CEO of the company I work for said that one of his mottos was that the only constant in life was change. When I heard that, I couldn´t help but think he was right. If we are not changing and evolving, growing and transforming, we would be stagnant. I would say the only certainties in life are not death and taxes but death and change. 

2013 brought lots of change to my life. I did not get the job I wanted, my grandma passed, Lady Olivia passed, one of my aunties passed, I got divorced and I also got a rude awakening in other relationships in my life. Now, in 2014, I find myself trying to catch my breath and rest. I redecorated my home the way I always wanted and it has become my sanctuary, my place of rest and relaxation. I have also discovered how much of myself I have forgotten in the past 10 years of living in this country. I am definitely reflecting on the past decade and the changes that have taken place and I try to remember the good, the bad and the ugly so I can heal those wounds from the past and not repeat them again.

It´s not surprising that the planetary aspects in the skies are really aligned with the energies I am experiencing. With Venus Retrograde in Capricorn on December 22, we began a process of re-evaluating all the relationships in our lives and how we love ourselves and others. It´s a time to put under the microscopes those relationships that do not serve us anymore and let them go. We are also asked about how we connect with our professions and whether our job is our career or just a job. If it is just a job, then it´s time to find something more connected with our soul purpose and let go of those things that are obsolete for us and do not bring us any joy.

Mercury turned Retrograde in Piscis on February 7 and it will stay retrograde till February 28 leaving it´s shadow period in mid-March. Piscis talks about idealization and sacrifice. Mercury is asking us to ponder in what areas in our lives are we just sacrificing ourselves. It also asks us to re-evaluate why at times we may not trust our intuition when it tries to communicate us messages that are important to us.

Mars will turn Retrograde in Libra on March 1 pushing us to re-evaluate how we deal with anger, conflict and assertiveness. Saturn will also turn Retrograde in March in the sign of Scorpio asking us to rethink how we deal with power, responsibility and intimacy issues.

As you can see, 2014 starts with several planets turning Retrograde so we can take the time and rethink, re-evaluate, re-vision, and re-do many things that have not worked fine in the past, relationships that do not serve us anymore, jobs that are not meant for us, conflict that could have been dealt better with, among other things. 

With a New Moon in Piscis on February 28, we are asked to think where do we need to trust our intuition and take a leap of faith? We are being challenged to empty ourselves of limiting concepts and beliefs, bitterness and resentment, shame, blame and guilt - anything that holds us back in duality and darkness. Like the caterpillar morphing into a butterfly, we are dissolving old patterns so we can transform, transmute and transcend old patterns. 

With 2014 being the year of the horse, we are asked to move forward but before we can do so, we have to rest, reflect and remember so the direction we choose is align with our soul purpose and our mission in life. 

Many blessings,

Lady Carolina Amor

No comments:

Post a Comment