Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Never too late to say Thank You

I wanted to write this blog on Thanksgiving but somehow it did not make it through so I started thinking... Do we really need one day to give thanks and is it ever too late to say thank you? It is great to have a day to remind us that we have so many things we should be grateful for ~ the air we breath, our health, our home, our loved ones, our jobs, and so many other things that can make it to this list. Sometimes people get depressed and they can only see the bad or dark side of situations and they forget to be thankful for all the blessings they have and the most important one is being alive.

I'll be honest here, I have been dark, I have seen only the negative when I was facing a low point, but most of the time, I look around and I am grateful to be living in the United States where so many things we take for granted are not a given in other countries. When I hear stories about people not being able to buy certain currency in the country I was born, people dying of hunger in the world, women mutilated in countries where women are seen as less than men, I know I am very lucky to live where I live where I can express myself just the way I am. A Priestess, A Goddess Woman, a Queen. I am thankful for the fact that my family has always supported my path and I've never had to hide my beliefs. I am thankful for the many teachers I have had in my path and all the things I have learned from them. I am thankful for being able to connect with so many wonderful people.

It is always tempting to see the grass greener on the other side and look at others and say we would be happy if we had this, or if we were that, or if we could do this, or we can buy that. It is up to us to realize that happiness comes from within not from without. If we don't start feeling happy just for who we are, we will always be looking for outside things to make us happy. The same happens when we are looking for answers and we look outside ourselves without realizing all the answers we need are inside us already. Our higher spirit knows what we need, it's just up to us to stop looking outside for what is within and so close to us.

The other day when I was thinking about gratitude I remembered when I was reading the book the Seven Spiritual Laws of Success by Deepak Chopra and the Law of Giving. In that Law, Deepak expressed how we should always give something when we go visit a friend or we come in contact with anybody. No matter what it is, it could be a flower or a prayer, it does not have to be something expensive. It is the gesture that matters because it will attract more positive things to us.

The same concept applies to gratitude and giving thanks. We can always find something to be grateful for. The sunny day, a warm day during the cold winter, the taste of chocolate, a nice meal with loved ones, among many other things. Make a point of be grateful for all the good things you have in your life and more will come to you. Like attracts like. If we want respect, we should be respectful. If we want to be loved, we should be loving. If we want people to be grateful to us, we need to express our gratitude ourselves. Start today. Say three things you are grateful for every day either when you wake up or when you go to bed. Try it and see how it works.

Blessings,

Lady Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment