Sunday, January 13, 2013

Liberty - Lady of the Land of the Free

When a Goddess calls your name, you can´t refuse to say yes. At the end of 2012, I was meditating the Goddess I would be working with in 2013 and I found myself saying "I should work with Lady Liberty this year, I definitely need Justice and Freedom." These words just came out of my mouth and I was not even thinking (those are the times your Higher Self is really talking to you so I paid attention!). With that realization, I started looking into Lady Liberty´s story and found out that the sculptor had thought of Isis when sculpting Lady Liberty so it made total sense that She would be calling my name, I´ve been a Priestess of Isis for almost 4 years now.

If you know me, you know that I usually like looking at the symbols and signs in situations and things. As I continued thinking of Lady Liberty, I realized that She is the Goddess of the USA and the first thing immigrants would see when they were arriving to the US by boat in the past. Last year, I discovered that the US is my new chosen home. When I went back to Argentina to visit, I realized that the US felt like home to me and although Argentina would always be my place of origin, it had lost the home feeling. 

In the book "The Four Agreements", Miguel Ruiz mentioned that humans usually don´t get to pick the place they are born, they don´t get to pick the language they speak, they don´t get to pick the religion they follow because at times, they are living the dream of the planet. The dream of the planet is introduced to human beings by their parents, society and traditions. When I look at myself, I realized I was able to break free from that. I have chosen to become a US citizen and make the US my home. I have chosen to speak English. I have also chosen to leave the Catholic church and become a Priestess of the Goddess and have a spiritual path of my own away from my parents path. When I look at that, I can see why Liberty has come to me. She is by my side as I rediscover my love for freedom and enjoy choosing my own reality and making my dreams come true. She is reminding me that I am an independent being and no matter who is walking by my side, I am still walking alone. She is telling me not to sacrifice my dreams and desires to accomodate to those of other people. She is reminding me that I always have a choice.

Since young, my mother always told me I had to make sure I could survive on my own and not depend on anybody, not even my parents. I had to study and gather the tools for the future so I could stand alone and be successful. Even though it was a hard thing to hear when you are 15 or 16, I know this was one of the biggest lessons in my life and one that has made me who I am today. I took her advice and I created my reality. I chose a country that really suits my core beliefs - freedom and opportunity. 

As I continue walking my path during 2013 with Lady Liberty by my side, I know I will discover a new meaning of what freedom means to me. I will have the courage to stand strong and choose what´s best for me. I know that Goddess is always by my side showing me the signs that will help me grow and evolve.

Many blessings,
Lady Carolina
Presiding Priestess of Circulo de Isis
www.circulodeisis.org

No comments:

Post a Comment