Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Serenity in the presence of Chaos

As above, so below. As within, so without. Not many times in life I have the opportunity to witness my inner processes in the outside world. Sometimes, I get to see a rainbow and I know everything will be ok. Last weekend, I have the opportunity to witness the power of the sea crashing on rocky shores and that was me! I could feel the serenity in the face of the chaos of life. I could feel the grounded self planted in the soil feeling the waves crashing on myself and eroding those parts of me that do not serve me anymore. I could also feel the waves shaping me and creating a new woman but not moving the foundation that is really well planted and very solid. I know my core, I know my center. I can bend, I can shape, I can change but deep within, I will always be my core - a being full of light - a lighthouse.

During my trip, I was able to observe nature. The mists in the ocean, the crows flying around, the big trees talking, what a trip!!!! You could feel the magick all around you and feel the power of the Goddess filling you. Right there, I realized how disconnected we are becoming from this type of magic. We live in a world filled with technology. The same technology that connects us also keeps us apart or in limited contact. The other day, my best friend sent me a picture of people on a train and they were all looking at their phones, isolated in their own worlds. That picture got me thinking of how those technologies that make the world a global village also makes us disconnected from real people and real things. How we get sucked into the computer and forget to look at the trees or connect with the birds or go to the ocean to hear her sign.

I am a leader of an international organization and the people who belong to my circle are from all areas in the world. Technology keeps us together and connected in the web of life so I am very grateful for technology but connecting with Nature is also very important and there is a lot of magic to be seen in the real world. This is one of the reasons why I decided to start working on a new class for my community, one devoted to the Druid path and to connect with Nature. One that is based on experiencing nature and getting away from the computer. We need to feed our spirit with the energies of the environment and start seeing Nature as our teacher once again. It´s time to find harmony between technology and nature. It´s time to balance the scales so we can be whole individuals and not just zombies. It´s time to go back to the elemental powers and the fire of Divinity in everything. We are all one.

As I sat on the cliff, observing the waves breaking on the shore, I felt the power within, I felt serenity in the presence of chaos. I felt home.

Many blessings,
Lady Carolina Amor-Boggs
Presiding Priestess of Circulo de Isis
Member of the ArchDruid Union
www.circulodeisis.org

No comments:

Post a Comment