Friday, April 5, 2013

Filling the Gaps

While driving to work today, I was listening to the book "Five Levels of Attachment by Don Miguel Ruiz Jr." In this CD, he was talking about the power of our minds and how the fill in the gaps of information with past conditioning. He gave an exercise that is very common, he said to draw a circle but stop before you can complete it and look at it, your mind will recognize the circle even if it is not complete. The same happens when a person misses a word in a sentence and the brain will complete the sentence so it makes sense. Our minds add meaning to the gaps and the way our minds fill those gaps is with feelings and experiences from the past.

If your mind is similar to mine, it usually has a selective memory for negative experiences! Is it? Is your mind similar to mine?  It´s funny how my mind can fill the gaps with the worst case scenario. I remember when I was working with Ava Park on the societal myths I have and one I was very attached to was that "Always be prepared for the worst" and yes the word worst is included. If a friend does not call me, I may think he or she is mad. If a person does not fulfill a promise I think there is something wrong with me... well, that is in the past. But, in the past, I did fill in the gaps with the negative experiences I had before. Those experiences that supported the feeling that I am not enough, that there is something missing with me, that I am not perfect just in my imperfect ways.

After studying the Queen Teachings with Ava Park for about one year and a half, I have come to realize that I do not need to fill in the gaps with negative emotions or positive emotions. I just need to remain present in the now moment and if I need clarification of any situation that resembles to something from the past, I can directly ask the person or evaluate the situation. I don´t need to support any previous statement that does not fit me anymore. I am also able to ask clearly what the situation is and I am also able to express my feelings in a very non-emotional way. I am just stating what I feel in an impersonal way.

Filling the gaps has only brought me conflict and confrontation, stress and anxiety. From now on, I am done with filling the gaps. Now, I choose the clarity of the Queen and the presence in the now moment without making any assumptions. Can you say the same?

Many blessings,
Lady Carolina
Presiding Priestess of Circulo de Isis
www.circulodeisis.org
Member of the ArchDruid Union under the Fellowship of Isis
https://sites.google.com/site/fellowshipofisiscentral/fellowship-of-isis-foundation-union-triad---archdruid-union

Note: Queen Teaching with Ava Park, in person and online, check them out:
http://goddesstempleoforangecounty.com/About_Rev_Ava.html

No comments:

Post a Comment