Monday, July 2, 2012

Lessons of the Boot

The Universe always provides us with those experiences we need to grow and evolve. Little did I know when I went for my meditation walk last Wednesday, I would trip and fracture my left foot. I still don´t know how I made it back home since the pain was very deep but as they say, we, women, have a high tolerance for pain so I walked back home. When I got back, I put some ice on it, took some advil and went to bed. The next morning, I thought everything would be perfect but it was not. The pain was still there and this time I was almost in tears when I told my husband that I was going to the ER. Even though the pain was almost unbearable, I still thought like a Queen - in my mind I thought if I went to the ER, it was like going to a one stop shop and I would get out with a solution instead of having to go to several places and move around with my foot like that. If you know me, you know I hate asking for help and I usually think I can do everything myself. That´s how I got to the ER all by myself and left all by myself. The Universe knew I needed to learn a lesson and it was not going to stop until I learned that I can not do everything by myself, that at times, I need help and it was my time to learn to receive.

Lesson of the Boot # 1 was about allowing myself to receive and not try to be stubborn and do everything myself. This is a big lesson for me since I was brought up to be the super woman and the over giving mother who never needs helps and always can do everything alone. Since I started my Queen studies, I started working on receiving but there was always that person in the back of the head saying ... You could do this alone. Now, with the boot, I need help. Today, at work, I was calling my administrative assistant and asking her to go scan things for me and send them to my email so I did not have to get up. That was a big improvement! I usually have a hard time asking for help.

Lesson of the Boot # 2 - let go of the things that are not essential, stop carrying everything around! This lesson is also essential for me because I am usually the one that is carrying a handbag, a bag and a few things in my hands. Today, when I was leaving for work, I started realizing all the things that I was carrying that I really don´t need so I decided to leave some at work, and others at home. From a big handbag, now I only have a little bag that carries my wallet, cell phone and keys - yep, the essentials. This lesson also made me think about my spiritual self and all those things that I carry around that do not serve any purpose anymore but because they have been there for a long time and I am unaware, I don´t let them go. I also thought about patterns that I should be letting go but I am attached to them and I am having a hard time saying good bye to them.

Lesson of the Boot # 3 - slow down, if you go so fast, you can hardly enjoy the details! I am one of those people that lives on overdrive all the time. 1000 miles an hour is normal pace for me. Walk fast, speak fast, think fast, respond fast... the list can continue. With the boot, that is a thing of the past and I am learning to let go of the need to walk at the same pace that others do and just walk at my own pace without any guilt or feeling less because I can´t keep up. I can set my own pace and people can walk with me or wait for me at the destination. This also applies to decision making and other things in life where it is better to be patient, to go slow, and to step firmly and create a solid foundation so things will not collapse with the test of time. 

The magick boot has become a wise teacher and I am sure that I will continue to learn lots with it. It has only been a few days, and I´ve already have three important lessons. When I went to the emergency room, I did not know that I was going to get a tool for self discovery and something that will push me to evaluate my life and make adjustments so I can grow. 

The lessons of the Boot will continue... stay tuned!

Many blessings,

Carolina
Presiding Priestess of Circulo de Isis

No comments:

Post a Comment