Saturday, December 29, 2012

On Quitting and Resolutions

The Joy of Quitting is the name of the article that captured my attention yesterday. I was reading the magazine Spirituality and Health and I came across this piece. The name intrigued me because I never associated joy with quitting. We live in a society that usually frowns upon quitting. We can see book markers with the writing "Never Quit" on them and many popular phrases that motivate us to continue, to persevere, to not give up. The question becomes why are we sticking with those situations, people or things that do not serve us anymore. I have nothing against perseverance but there is something to be said about hitting your head on the wall with a situation and expecting something to change. Sometimes, we have to quit. Sometimes, we have to choose our battles and realize that maybe the battle we are fighting for is not meant for us. Are we sticking with it because of our parents mandates? Do we believe that once we conquer that battle we will be happier and feel whole? Are we afraid to let go of a relationship because it may mean we fail? Failure, fear, tribal myths and structure prevents us from quitting when we do know that we would be better letting go. When we face these feelings, we are asked to look within, to look at what our soul and heart want and let go of the rest. It makes no sense to struggle when you are pursuing the wrong dream. If you sit quietly and listen to the voice within, you will know whether the test you are going through is one meant to help you attain your purpose or it is meant to help you decide to quit. If you can sit in silence and listen, you will know.

As 2012 is coming to an end, I start seeing people writing their resolutions, talking about their plans for the coming year and I can´t help but think that I have spent many years writing the things I wanted to achieve in the coming year and the things I wanted to change. This year is different for me, I decided I don´t want to have a long list of goals and resolutions. I only want to have one "Be fully present and live in the Now Moment." The past is gone and the future is not yet here so I want to live in the now and spend time manifesting the best now moment I can. When we live in the past, we may regret things or think that the past was much better than the now. When we live in the future, we tend to have anxiety and fear that it will not turn out to be the future we wanted. Living in the present allows us to just be, to manifest our reality and to have the power to change our thoughts now so they create our vision for life. Our vision is not for the future, it is for the now and we can change it and transform it as we are walking our paths in the now. What are your resolutions for 2013? 

Many blessings,
Lady Carolina
Presiding Priestess of Circulo de Isis
www.circulodeisis.org

No comments:

Post a Comment