Saturday, December 8, 2012

There are no mistakes... only experiences!

Failure... Mistakes... Broken Dreams... We all have times when we look back and see all those things that did not go the way we wanted them to go. Those things that left us exhausted and depleted. Those people that broke our hearts or disappointed us. Those situations where we felt we lost or wasted our time. If we could move from a victim place to a power place and see those events and people as our teachers in the journey of life. This journey is an adventure and if we did not have things to learn, we would not be here anymore, we may be in another planet where the situations and people who let us down don´t exist. 

It´s easy to be grateful for the good things in our lives because those make us happy, those make us feel good, but can you be grateful for those things that brought you pain? Can you be thankful for all those people that hurt you in the past? Can you express gratitude for the journey of life with the good and the bad? 

The other day I was watching the movie "This means war" and one of the main characters used the phrased "there are no mistakes... only experiences" and it really resonated with me because so many times in the past I have looked at my life and complained about what did not go the way my ego wanted them to go, my pride got hurt, my heart got broken, my dreams did not come true. If I really look back with detached feelings and honesty, I can see that everything that has happened had a purpose, everything has a meaning, and I would not be the person I am today if I have not had those experiences in my life. 

As I continue reading Stuart Wilde´s books, my way of thinking is transforming and changing. My way of seeing life is evolving and I am letting go of many qualities that I had before that did not belong to me but they were a by product of what he calls the tic-toc (tic toc meaning society and tribal myths that are not real for the infinite self but they are real for ego slave people). In his book "Infinite Self - 33 steps to reclaiming your inner power", one of the steps is "Acceptance" and in this step he says that we need to learn to accept that it is what it is. You may want it to not rain, but it is raining so accept the rain and move on. You may want this person to love you back but he doesn´t, it is what it is, accept it and move on. He also has another step when he talks about accepting negativity as a learning experience. These two steps really combine with knowing within yourself that there are no mistakes, there are no failures, just experiences, just learning experiences. 

If we can start seeing life in this way, we will let go of many feelings that are leaking our energy and preventing us to use that energy to manifest our realities. In the end, it is what it is and we can either accept it or fight it. We can either be thankful for the learning or complain for the rest of our days. As I always say, we always have a choice and it´s up to us to decide. I choose to think and believe there are no mistakes... only experiences!

Many blessings,
Lady Carolina
Presiding Priestess of Circulo de Isis

No comments:

Post a Comment