Saturday, August 10, 2013

Endings ... Beginnings... The Cycle of Life

As a Priestess and Magical Practitioner, I know that we are always in the never ending cycle of birth-death-rebirth. You can see this pattern in nature where plants die during the cold months but they are reborn in the spring time. Why is it so hard to let it go then? If we are aware that every ending brings a new beginning and that we are always in the continued cycle of transformation because if we are not changing and evolving, we are dead. 

Knowing this as my reality, I still struggle letting go of the past and moving on. Being a very earthy sign, security and status quo at times bring peace to me and I may stay in the state of dying and holding on to what´s dead for fear of being reborn, for fear of the unknown, for longer than I should.

During the past year, I´ve been evaluating my life and bringing transformation in different areas because I realized it was time to let go of some patterns and habits that no longer serve the person I am today. I am not the same person I was 10 years ago, not even the same person I was 5 years ago. What was great then, it may be obsolete now. The lesson is to see what was, greet it and say goodbye because in holding on to those things we prevent the new to come in.

It´s also easier to complain about what is instead of changing or taking a risk. I know this to be true with me at times when I look back and I see... I complained about the same thing again and again until I was able to realize that I was just fulfilling the definition of insanity - doing the same thing and expecting a different result. If we want something different, we have to do something different. We can´t do the same thing and expect a different result. We have no control over the events in our lives but we do have control over our reactions and responses to those events. If you want a different result, respond differently. I´ve been saying I want to go home for Christmas for about 9 years now. Every year, the time comes around and I am always longing to be home and I am always saying next year I will do it. Well, this year is that year! This year is the year that I do something different instead of longing or complaining. This year is the year of ACTION. I sat enough in situations and relationships that were not fulfilling and I can´t continue that way because if I do, I will only get the same result. This is my year of change and transformation, also the year to go back to the core and find the parts of myself that I lost in the journey but that they are still part of who I am.

In what part of the cycle are you? Is there anything that needs to be released so it can be transformed? Are you holding on to things when you know it´s time to move on? 

Endings... Beginnings... This is the cycle of life.

Many blessings,

Lady Carolina Amor

Presiding Priestess of Circulo de Isis
www.circulodeisis.org
Member of the Archdruid Union
https://sites.google.com/site/fellowshipofisiscentral/fellowship-of-isis-foundation-union-triad---archdruid-union
Founder of Tienda Roja
https://www.facebook.com/groups/441201419296609/

No comments:

Post a Comment