Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Some things just remain the same, others change

Every time I go back in Buenos Aires, I am given the opportunity to see what things have changed and what things remain the same. Some shops are still open, others have closed. Some people are still present, some have disappeared and not able to locate them, others reappear. It´s interesting to see how things evolve and how everything changes but if it didn´t change, it means it is dead so change is good.

Just typing that phrase conjures a lot of pictures on my mind - change is good. Is it? Many times we are scared of change, of the unknown, of losing control. Have you ever experienced fear of change? Buenos Aires scared me a little bit. The energy of the country was different from before and as I walked the streets that once were home, I could see unhappy faces, I could feel the energy that was building because people were upset they were losing some of their inherited freedoms and how they had no control of their future. Prices were off the roofs and I kept wondering how people lived in that country, how they afford food and other necessary things, how they survive through time. Then I realized I am a survivor myself and living most of my life in Argentina gave me the sufficient experience I needed to know that you can always survive, you can always find a way no matter how bad it may look... there is always a way out, there is always an opportunity in disguise. We are given opportunities to grow and evolve but it´s up to us whether we take them or not, we can complain about the environment or we can decide to make our own future. As my dad complained about the economic situation and watched the news 24/7, I kept thinking whether that was really necessary and how many times we could listened to the newsperson say that people in Argentina could not buy dollas and now they have to explain where they got the money to travel overseas. If you come to my house, you can see my laws and you will know that I don´t tolerate complaining if there is not a solution or a change in behavior that comes with the complaining. We can only complain so much and where does complain takes us? Where does victim behavior takes us? Where does crying over spilt milk takes us? NOWHERE, unless you have a plan. You need to be able to formulate your own reality and I think complaining is just wasting time. I know it may sound cold but I told my father that unless he was ready to move to another country, he will have to endure the situation as it was and learn to adjust and adapt to it, lead a happy life in that country and learn how to enjoy life with the opportunities he had in Argentina.

As I kept observing the changes in people and the environment, I realized that sometimes things just stay the same and we are the ones that changed. How many times have you woken up in a relationship where you see the person for the first time and wonder where you were during the past few years? Is it really that the other person changed or is it that we changed? As I kept interacting with people in Buenos Aires, I kept thinking that everything was different but then I realize that it was me who changed. I have lived in the States for the past 9 years and in those years I have changed a great lot. I am not even a quarter of the person I was 10 years ago, not even 5 years ago. I evolve and grow daily and it is not surprising that with my growing I get to see things with a different perspective, the perspective of the woman I am, the woman that I am becoming, the woman that I was meant to be all along.

Every day we are given an opportunity to decide whether we want to remain the same or change. Fear should not be the motivation for stagnation. Fear should not prevent you from reaching your goals and making your dreams come true. You have the ability to change and it is up to you what you make of your own life. You can live a life complaining about the environment or you can choose to make your own destiny. You have the power. Use it wisely.

Many blessings,

Carolina
Presiding Priestess of the Circulo de Isis

No comments:

Post a Comment