Saturday, October 6, 2012

Katy Perry is talking to me.... Spirit has its ways :)

Since Katy Perry´s movie came out on video I´ve been pondering whether to watch it or not, but there was a part inside of me that said... You need to watch this movie. I decided to listen to that little voice and get the movie. In watching Katy´s movie I discovered a strong and unique woman who is not afraid to be who she is and show the world her vision of life. She did not compromise to get famous, she just follow her spark and her songs demonstrate the flavor, passion, and light she has. She is not scared about showing her down times and she is true to herself.

While watching the movie, the song "Part of Me" really stuck with me and as I heard part of the lyrics, I couldn´t help but say... mmmm that sounds like me:

"Now look at me, I´m sparkling,
A firework, a dancing flame
You won´t ever put me out again
I am glowing, oh woah oh
so you can keep the diamond ring
I never like them anyway
In fact you can keep everything
Yeah, yeah
Except for me"

Are you selling yourself for anybody? Are you just settling for less than what you deserve? Are you letting others put your flame out because you are not strong enough to say No. And the question becomes "Who am I leaving for?"

"Heavy is head that wears the crown
Don´t let the greatness get you down.
I can see the writing on the wall
I can´t ignore this war
At the end of it all
Who am I living for?"

It´s not easy to be a Queen these days and the crown can feel heavy at times because we are aware women. When we are faced with people challenging our authority and our realms, we become defensive and we need to decide whether this is a battle we want to fight or just let go. The only thing that we can not do is ignore the situation and pretend nothing is happening. If we start living for others instead of from our center, then the vision for our realm is threatened and we have turned our back to our realm and become somebody else´s realm. Don´t compromise your vision for life because you are a firework!

"Boom, boom, boom,
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon.
It´s always been inside of you, you, you,
And now it´s time to let it through

Cause baby you´re a firework,
Come on, show them what you´re worth
Make them go, ho
As you shoot across the sky"

As I heard this song I couldn´t help but think about my own uniqueness and my purpose in life. We are all destined for greatness and we can not let anybody bring us down. We need to shoot for the moon and be the best we are meant to be no matter what the situation is. Sometimes, when I see my father and his ways, I know they are different from mine and today I felt that he may not support my vision for life or my plan as a Queen and I will not compromise, I am a Queen by my own right and I oversee my realm, the question becomes whether he wants to be part of that realm or not. It´s that simple!

"I´m not saying that it´s a piece of cake
Just take a moment to reevaluate
The possibilities
The situations
The opportunities
That are waiting
Oh, the possibilities, 
Oh, I

It could, it could be that simple
(you were thinking)
Life should be that simple
(Who would have thought it)
I wish it were just so simple
(don´t know what you were thinking)
You´re in a haze
It´s just a phase
You know this maze
Is as simple as it seems"

Songs come and go but every now and then, we find songs that speak to our souls and times in life. We feel as if the singer is talking to us when she is singing and telling our lives´stories. I know Katy Perry is talking to me these days. Spirit has chosen the medium to talk to me and Katy has been the channel. It is as simple as it seems.

Many blessings,

Lady Carolina 
Presiding Priestess of Circulo de Isis

No comments:

Post a Comment