Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What We believe We may become

"What We believe We may become" is the phrase that has been resonating on my head for the past couple of days. I can't help but wonder why most of the programing we have in our lives is negative programing. We hear phrases such as "Nothing I do is good enough" or "Life is hard and then you die" or one of my favorites "Nice girls do more than their share." All this negative programing does nothing to us but prevent us from becoming who we are meant to be. It is time to identify all those hidden messages that are at work in our lives. Do we wake up and look in the mirror seeing how beautiful we are or do we say, geez I look fat!? Do we start the day with the phrase "I am perfect just the way I am" or do we think that we would be better if we made more money or were thinner? All these messages are poison in our minds. Last week I read the message "the first problem for all of us, men and women, is not to learn but to unlearn" and I think it is hard to reprogram our brain to switch all the negative beliefs into positive beliefs but it is not impossible. Anybody can choose to think differently because we have the power to change our beliefs, we just need to have the will to do so.

Starting today, we can choose to switch the phrase "I am never good enough" with the phrase "I am a worthwhile person", we can change the phrase "I am fat" with the phrase "I am in my perfect body weight", we can work on the phrase "Nobody likes me" with the phrase "I am a lovable person." Any phrase can be rewritten in our minds, we just have to be aware when those voices come up and stop, think again, and switch the phrase with the positive one. Even if the positive sentence is not 100% true, there is a saying that says "fake it till you make it" and by faking it, I can assure you that as time goes by, slowly but surely, you will change your mindset and incorporate positive programing in your life that will help you be more confident and be happier.

Remember "What we believe we may become" so just be mindful on what you believe.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment