Saturday, May 15, 2010

Not Afraid to Take a Stand

I’m not afraid to take a stand
Everybody come take my hand
We’ll walk this road together, through the storm
Whatever weather, cold or warm
Just let you know that, you’re not alone
Hola if you feel that you’ve been down the same road
(By Eminem)

This is the song that has resonated with me during this week. Maybe, it is because I am reaching the end of one journey and I feel I'd been put through the fire, each class, each subject, each paper, they were all part of the bigger picture - getting a degree and finishing my undergraduate program. I never thought I would make it till the end of the road and now the finish line is at sight. I only have two more days to go and it is done. It has not been an easy road. I had a full time job, a husband, my spiritual journey, my mom passing away, and many other things but I stuck with it and now I will get my degree. I know every beginning has and end, and every end brings a new beginning so I am ready for the next part of the journey and that will bring. Right now, I am getting ready to travel back home and during that trip, I will have the honor to meet some wonderful women who are doing the Goddess work in my hometown. I will also be blessed with ordaining a Priestess. This will be my first Priestess ordination and it is very exciting since it will take place on my one year anniversary of my own ordination. I feel like I am coming full circle into the next stage of this upright spiral. Always growing, always evolving, always learning, always flowing.

Isis has been guiding me and she is present in every area of my life. When I became a Priestess, I wanted to live a life of devotion. Now, when I look back at the road I walked, the one that has brought me to this point in my life, I can see that I have accomplished my goal. I have brought Isis to my work, to my partnership, to my life. Every area is touched by Goddess and I am excited to live a life of purpose. I know that my blog also touches some people who may be living similar experiences to mine and that's why I started this blog with the paragraphs from the song because that's the message I want to convey. You are not alone. If your journey looks like mine, lets join hands and walk together. Some months ago, I talked about Priestesses talking bad about other Priestesses and women tearing each other apart. Well, it is time to take a stand, to let go of our fears, and to walk together through the storm. Are you ready? Because I am, I am happy to hold your hand and walk with you.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment