Sunday, May 9, 2010

Just Detach...

Sometimes, I can't help but wonder about people who are so toxic and so draining that they may have a veil covering their eyes that prevent them from being happy when others are happy, or excited when others are excited, it's just like they only pay attention when things are negative because that's all they can cope with. If somebody is having a good time or things are going great in their lives, they decide that not to pay attention to that, not even mention it; but if something goes wrong, then they are right there, sucking the drama and eating it all. It is interesting to see how when you post something negative in facebook you may get more answers than if you post something positive. Are some people just coded for negative?

The other side of the coin is the fact that we should not take people's reactions personally since it is not about us. For example, I mentioned I was graduating in a week to a person today and she ignored it completely like it does not exist, or a person who I considered my friend did not even ask how my race was or wish me luck for it. Is it so painful to see me happy or achieving my happiness? Maybe yes, maybe no, I don't know. But what I do know is that I do not need to take this personally because it is their issue. It is not my problem if they can not be happy, it is not my problem if their lives are filled with drama because in the end, we all have a choice and they may be choosing to see the dark side of life instead of being grateful for all the wonderful things they have.

In his book, The Four Agreements, Miguel Ruiz says that one of the agreements is "Do not take anything personally" not even the good things. It is like a friend of mine said last week when he was describing Kung Fu to me, "Kung Fu is about being in neutral with your guard up" and the way I understand that is being with no positive or negative emotions, just neutral, but being protected so people can not get to you. Another friend described a similar concept as "detach" and let go. I was describing to her the anxiety some people were bringing to my life with their negativity and unhappiness and she said, just detach! And I noticed I was really attached to the outcome and I was giving my power away by letting others stressed me out with their actions. I also started thinking where those emotions were coming from. Why do I have people around me that I am trying to buy with money or attention when they do not reciprocate? Why do I need them around? Why can't I detach and just serve a role as a High Priestess like I do with other people? I think when I find the key of those feeling, I will be able to heal them. But in the meantime, I will just remember to stay neutral and detach so I can let go of all these emotions, regain my power, and keep going on my journey, because in the end we are all in our journeys and masters of our destinies.

Just detach...

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment