Thursday, October 21, 2010

How much is your soul worth?

Today, I was talking to one of my best friends and I was mentioning how some people at my workplace looked so unhappy. They may make the big bucks but is it really worth it? While I was thinking about that, I couldn't help but think... I don't get paid enough to work 24/7 and even if I did... would I do it? Would I sacrifice my personal life for one of my roles? The role that does not fulfill my life purpose but pays for the bills. Yes! You guessed it! The answer is NO! Since I was in the hospital about two years ago, my perspective of life has changed. I have become more aware that I should live each day as the last day of my life, and if I died today, I don't want to regret anything. I don't want to feel like I made lots of money but I did not spend time with my loved ones, or I sacrificed the time with a friend to a work project. Life is too short to spend it in something that does not make you happy, something that does not fill you with joy, something that brings you stress and anxiety. That's why I moved from climbing the ladder to just having a job until I can manifest the work that will allow me to live my life purpose, to bring the gifts I am supposed to bring to this world. In the meantime, my job is just a job and as so, I am not eager to work till 11 PM or to skip my lunch. I am committed to cover my 8 hours and do my best in those 8 hours, but I don't want that role to become the only role in my life and bring unbalance to my life.

Money vs. heart seems to be a fight we all engage in at some point in our lives. It seems that we all reach the point when we are offered to grow in a career, go up the ladder and sacrifice family and friends to money or not have that much but have a more harmonious life. When I think about it, I feel like there is not enough money in the world to pay for a time spent with friends or loved ones, there is no price to those moments. Like a mastercard commercial, those moments are priceless and I would not changed them for anything in this world. The question is "how much is your soul worth?" If you were to die today, would making more money make any difference? Would having a bigger house matter? Would having two cars be important? I don't think so. Material things are that, material things only. Moments spent with loved ones or doing your hearts work is what matters. That's why I ask you to make sure you know how much your soul is worth and whether you are open to sacrifice your happiness for more money... in the end, when you die, your savings account will not be what you will be remembered for.

Blessings )0(

No comments:

Post a Comment