Thursday, April 19, 2012

Messages from Nature

After weeks of rain, this week we finally have sun and I am very grateful for that! Yesterday we decided to go biking with my best friends and I was very excited. It was the first time I was riding my new bike and this is also the first time I had a bike in so many years... the last bike I remember was when I was a child and I was in Buenos Aires. You can imagine how excited I was; I even got a new helmet!!!! My excitement was a little short lived since I got a flat tired 10 minutes after beginning the ride. Luckily Goddess does not put obstacles we can not cope with in our way, there was a bike shop a few blocks away so I walked to the bike shop and got the flat tire fixed. In the meantime my friends came to meet me at the bike shop and after the tire was fixed, we started the ride.

Little did I know that the flat tire was just the first adventure of the night and Goddess had a few more tests for me that night. As I was riding my bike following my friends, I could see my friends chatting in the front and I was riding in the back since I am not 100% comfortable with the new bike. As I am riding, a bee sits on my glasses holding tight for dear life as my glasses are the windshield of a car. If you know me, you know I am very scared of insects and bees freak me out since one stung me last summer. As I am trying to keep my bike balanced I think what´s the best coure of action. Do I use my hand to remove the bee? No, then it can sting me. As I remove the glasses and shake them while keeping riding the bike I feel I am going to kill myself! I am getting off balance trying to shake my glasses while riding a bike... yep - that´s multitasking for you! Finally I got the bee out of my glasses and I did not crash my bike. Just had a lot of adrenalin pumping like crazy and I was wide alert. Neither of my friends noticed what was happening to me, he he! I guess I did not scream and kept it cool. When I got home, I read about the messages of bees. In the book Animal Speak by Ted Andrews, he says "The bee reminds us that no matter how great the dream, there is the promise of fulfillment if we pursue it. The elixir of life is as sweet as honey, and the bee is a symbol that promises us that the opportunity to drink of it is ours if we but pursue our dreams." Yes! That´s a wonderful message... wish I had been more tender to the little bee instead of freaking out... we are all growing and evolving, LOL.

When I came home, I started relaxing and prepared some italian food and wine to relax after the ride. As I sat down to eat dinner, I look out of the window and there, in my patio, close to my plants, there is a skunk. Yes, you read it right... a SKUNK! Walking like he owns the place, looking at my plants... Oh no no no!!! I have enough with the squirrels messing up my plants, now a skunk. I opened the window and screamed... "What do you think you are doing sir!!!????" My husband started laughing as he was watching the whole scene and told me he should have videotape the episode because it was priceless. This little creature just walk off like nothing, so sure of himself, so confident. WOW! My husband also started quoting like in the movie Fight Club "First rule of meeting a skunk... never open the window" Yeah, I am a city girl and I may look like snow white now but these forest creatures are not going to mess up with my herb garden :) As you can imagine, here comes the book again because not everyday we see a skunk walking in the patio. As I read the book Medicine Cards by Jamie Sams & David Carson, the following phrases really talked to me:

"Skunk... tell me the story, so I will know it well, of how to attract, and how to repel."

"Skunk is teaching you that by walking your talk and by respecting yourself, you will create a position of strength and honored reputation."

"Learn to assert, without ego, what you are. Respect follows. Your self-respectful attitude will repel those who are not of like mind, and yet will attract those who choose the same pathway."

"Walk tall and be proud of the accomplishments you have made. Bear in mind that what you believe about yourself is your ultimate protection. Project self-respect!"

The skunk comes in a time when I am working on self-respect, on boundaries, on bringing out my Queen and presenting myself from a place of confidence and high self-esteem. 

It´s interesting to see how many signs we receive if we are awake, if we are aware, if we pay attention. We can walk through life as zombies or we can choose to be fully awake and listen to Goddess. She talks to us through Nature, through symbols, through synchronicity. Wake Up! The time is now :)

Many blessings,

Lady Carolina )0(

No comments:

Post a Comment