Thursday, November 22, 2012

In Gratitude

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite American holidays. When I move to the USA, I was happy to incorporate this special day in my calendar and adopt this tradition. I think it is amazing that this country has a day to give thanks and be in the spirit of gratitude. This does not mean that we have to be grateful only that day, but it does provide us with an opportunity to do an inventory of all those things that happened to us during this year and be thankful.

During my morning walk today, I was able to think of all those things I am grateful this year. 2012 brought many experiences to me. I was able to visit Disneyland for the first time in my life with my Priestess Sister and friend, Jesamyn Angelica. I was able to visit the Temple of Orange County twice. I was able to participate in two Queen Convocations with Ava Park and I am currently taking the Queen Teachings online. I was able to visit my country and get together with my family and friends who I haven´t seen in over two years. I was able to visit Lake Tahoe and discovered Half Moon Bay - my new retreat place - I am going there tomorrow to meditate and connect with the Ocean once again. I am thankful for all my students who are teaching me more than I am teaching them. I am thankful for all my friends and loved ones who are always showing me new things about myself. I am also thankful for all those who have departed my life as our journey together has reached its end and our karmic connection is no longer needed. I am thankful for being a 24/7 Priestess and being able to hold center for my community - CĂ­rculo de Isis. I am grateful to be co-teaching with my Priestess Sister Jesamyn Angelica and to have an amazing group of students there. I am thankful for being able to live in this country that is full of opportunities and to have landed in California, the land of the Sun and live in an area that allows me to connect with the Mountain, with the Ocean, with the River and really experience my Druid Self more fully.  I am thankful to be able to support myself and live comfortably, for my house that is my temple, for my car that allows me to move around, for having internet to be able to connect with all those people I may not be able to connect if I did not have that tool.

I am also thankful for those experiences that were not so happy at the time but have made me a stronger Queen. I am grateful for my broken foot during the summer because it taught me to be always grateful of my good health and my ability to move around. I am grateful for the disappointments and pain that some people have brought to my life because they showed me that I am still open to love and even when people hurt me, I will remain open and loving to all. I am thankful for those who put blocks in my path because as I find my way around them like the water in a stream, I become more flexible and more capable to deal with all the situations in my life.

I am thankful for both the good and the bad that has happened in my life because without those things, I wouldn´t be who I am right now. Thank you Goddess for all the experiences you brought me this year and for helping me grow and evolve.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

I am in gratitude today.

Blessings,
Lady Carolina
Presiding Priestess of Circulo de Isis

No comments:

Post a Comment