Saturday, February 6, 2010

Changing yourself to Fit In

Next week, we will have a New Moon in Aquarius, and the message is that we do not change ourselves to feel that we belong; the more we embrace and express our authentic self, the greater the gratification and synergy we feel with others. Several times in my life, I have felt that I needed to adjust myself to fit in a group. For example, I had to think one way, or I had to say yes to everything. Sometimes it meant to just avoid that part of myself that said, just stay home today, you don't have to push yourself that hard if you are tired; but in the end, I would feel that the group will be disappointed, or that they would get angry if I did not make the effort.

How many times did you have to reject a part to yourself to just fit in? Like avoiding saying that the way a specific group was working on one situation did not feel right, but still, you agreed because if you did not, they would reject you, and you would have to deal with feeling like you are not enough, or people don't love you for who you are. If you study with one teacher instead of other, you may be making the other one feel less so you either avoid mentioning that or just not pursuing your heart because of fear of disappointing another person. Are you looking for validation when belonging to a group? Is the community asking you to change parts of yourself in order for you to belong?

The message again is "do not change yourself to belong." If people don't love you for who you are, they don't deserve to be around you. If people don't appreciate for all the beauty you have within, it is their loss. If people don't see that you are a Goddess within and being around you brightens their lives, then it is their problem. It is not yours. You are perfect just the way you are, and don't let anyone convince you otherwise, not even yourself.

Blessings!!

1 comment:

  1. This is so interesting blog. You are best listing knowledge provide at this site. I am very excited read this nice article. As a daily visitor to your site for the last year I notice you have a new theme You can visit my site.
    changeparts

    ReplyDelete